Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Avengers 2012

I was driving to work today, blasting Rodney Atkins "Take a Back Road" singing along (Rodney is a fine piece of arse by the way.) When the song was done Brian & LeeAnn started talking. (They're the only radio DJ's I'll actually listen to in the mornings.) They started talking about how they have a whole bunch of little spies all over the city catching glimpses of A-List celebrities. I had heard that there was going to be a movie filming in Cleveland, Ohio but I didn't know when or what movie but they packed on the information this morning.

The Avengers is currently filming in Cleveland. Right now they're doing a lot of battle scenes, there's some explosions happening on Euclid Ave. They're also filming on Prospect & E 9th St was chosen as a double for NYC's 42nd Street, they even have NYPD cop cars all over the place. I stole the pictures that Brian & LeeAnn posted of Chris Evans as Captain America (who just so happens to be one of my biggest celebrity crushes)




Click here for The Avengers teaser trailer


I'm not sure when they started filming but I know they're going to be in Cleveland for 4 weeks, there's also a few explosion scenes scheduled to happen at the Chevrolet powertrain plant in Parma, Ohio. I'm a big movie buff so this is very exciting for me. :) I have some time off on Thursday, so I'm trying to go up to Cleveland for an early dinner to see if I can catch any of the filming. I can't wait for the movie to come out. I was already going to see if regardless but now I want to see if I can pinpoint which scenes were filmed in Cleveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment