Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day is for lovers.

Alright. Valentine's day is SO over-rated. It's prolly one of my least favorite holidays, not gonna lie. If you don't have a special person in your life, the first two weeks into February are brutal. You can't go inside any store without being greeted with the colors pink, white, and red. Whether it be flowers, ribbons, stuffed animals, cards, signs, chocolates, balloons or whatever else. I find myself looking for a lighter or a match to light to throw down each Valentine's Day aisle to watch it go up in flames. Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely against Valentine's Day, it's just easier for me to hate it. It's worked well over the years. When I was in high school, I got dumped the night and/or week before Valentine's Day on numerous different occasions. That made it so easy for me to hate this time of year. Then I met someone and he showed me what a real Valentine's Day could be like. He basically went over-board every single year we were together. And that's why I believe Valentine's Day is 110% for lovers. I might say I hate Valentine's Day with a passion, but deep down I love it. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, and that'll never change.

PS. Roses are over-rated in general. Pink Gerbera Daisies is where it's at! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment