Monday, October 26, 2009

Is there any chance you're pregnant?

After work today I went straight to the hospital. Lauren's neighbor Chiefy & my best friend Marshall (they're both Athletic Trainers) finally convinced me to at least go get X-Rays done. Turns out my foot isn't broken & it doesn't have any fractures, so YAY! But some ligaments were torn, so I gotta keep it elevated, wrapped up & iced til it shows major improvements. I appreciate how concerned Chiefy was about my ankle. Lauren told me daily to go get it checked out though, ha my girlfran loves me! :) When I walked into the emergency room I suddenly realized how serious this Swine Flu nonsense is. There was signs up at the entrance that said "No visitors under the age of 18 allowed due to the Swine Flu outbreak." Almost everyone I saw had masks on, I saw signs on every wall that said "If you cough, it's required that you wear a mask." When I was waiting with my mom for the doctor to come tell me what the X-Rays said, we over-heard the doctor tell another patient; "If you show or say you have any Swine Flu symptoms they send you back here to Zone 4 Emergency." I immediately lost it and wanted to run out of that place. Instead I got up out of my wheelchair I was sitting in (I felt like an idiot while sitting in that thing.) and basically took a bath with the anti-bacterial gel that was on the wall in front of me. I swear if I get the Swine Flu, someones going DOWN! I was asked a total of 3 times; "Is there any chance you could be pregnant?" Seriously, it was like a cruel sense of humor reminding me that I haven't been laid lately. Fuckers. What does me being pregnant have to do with a sprained ankle!? Seriously. At least I was only there for about an hour & a half though and I got this sweet colored bracelet I plan to save for the rest of my life. It's a memento from my crazy nights out. Haha

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment