Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 Recap.

I started off 2009 with a couple different resolutions. One was to lose weight (which didn’t work out as planned.) Two was to leave the bad influences, whether it was people or habits in 2008 and not let them creep their way back into my life in 2009 (For the most part, I succeeded!) I wanted to stay tan, save money, and go on a vacation or two. I didn’t stay tan, I saved about .25 cents and the only “vacation” I went on was to Canada 2 days after the new year, then the few random trips to “Mountaineer” in West Virginia and of course my trip to NYC. :)

I gained SO many friends this year. So many that I can’t even count and/or name them all. I got even closer to the close friends that I gained in previous years. I re-kindled two friendships with two girls that I had been friends with since the moment we were both born. I’m extremely close with a select few people from my work, who I love with every piece of my heart. I can’t imagine life without my “favorites.” They’re the glue that holds me together and the rocks & sticks that tear me apart from things, situations or people that I don’t need in my life. I’m grateful beyond words for my friends that have remained true, trusting, and loving. <3 I also got extremely close with my family members. I have a great deal of love for my brother, Jeff. He's an amazing person, he has a huuge heart and a kickass personality. I'm still daddy's little girl & momma's world :) My cousin Marky is an outstanding teenager. His maturity levels go through the charts & always has the best advice.

The only negative parts of 2009 was having all this love to give and not having anyone to give it to. But everything happens for a reason, and I have FAITH that things will change shortly and only for the better. The other negative part of 2009 was realizing that I’m losing a veryyy very close friend of mine. Someone who knew me better than I did. She knew me, literally, inside & out. She knew what I was thinking before I did. She knew what I looked for in a guy, what my favorite snacks, drinks, restaurants & sports teams were. Ya know, that type of best friends where you finish each others sentences? We could just chill with each other at home while doing homework or watching tv and we’d still have the best time ever, even if we only said 3 words the whole time we were together. I miss her a great deal, but you can’t force someone to stay in your life that doesn’t want to be. I don’t know if it’s because we’ve both changed, or somewhat molded into different people, or if our night & day like different schedules were the death of us, I don’t know. I just know that I miss her, and I’ve tried to get her to hang out with me, do stuff, get lunch, I text & call and she usually doesn’t even hit me back. Now my birthday just past and she didn’t get me a present or even try to see me, to celebrate my birthday (which we’ve done for the past 15 years together) so I took that as a sign we really did drift apart.

But now it’s the end of 2009 and 2010 is seriously right around the corner. I get more & more excited with each passing day because I keep realizing that 2010 is a brand new year. You can basically start from scratch. I’m ecstatic! I love starting fresh, erasing the past that has only brought me tears & heartache. Starting up new hobbies, traditions, and making new plans for the year to come. I'm looking forward to a new year with new memories, new resolutions to ACCOMPLISH & a new me to get in the works.

Happy New Year! Make 2010 your year!

Top 25 Songs of 2009 – Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment