Friday, March 5, 2010

Good Deeds.

My mom use to own a tanning salon a few years back. It was called Love 2 Tan, she opened it up in 2000, unfortunately she had to close it down in 2005. I worked there the whole time she owned it. I know how hard it is for small tanning salons to make it when there's so many other options now. Such as Darque Zone having over 30 beds per salon & now Mystic & healthy Spray tans are on the rise. For some reason, I have a lot of people ask me where is a "nice", "clean" tanning salon to go to. I don't know why they keep asking me because I haven't been in the tanning business for over 5 years now. Haha. But I still get the random "where should I tan?" question from time to time.

Well a couple days ago I had someone text me "Hey! I need to get a tan before the wedding :) Where do you tan? I need a nice, clean place for me to go?" I didn't have this person stored in my phone, but they acted like I should know who they were. I felt so bad! Before I got into the tanning details I asked them who they were, turned out to be a verrry old friend of mine that I use to be best friends with. We were inseperable. Annoyingly joined at the hips type deal. In highschool we went our different ways, but we didn't have a falling out or anything like that. I told her that I'm currently tanning in my basement (My mom kept a tanning bed after her place closed, yeah- I'm spoiled! Haha.) but to try Tanlines, which is in Akron, OH- on the corner of 91 & Newton Street. If you're from around here, I do highly recommend them. They're beds are awesome & not only is it clean but it's a very nice atmosphere!

Secondly, I had someone that I work with, Deidre, ask me if I have ever done a spray tan. Which I have. About a year or two ago I decided I wanted a little bit of color for my friend Lauren's Divorce party. I only did the first "stage" of darkness because I was extremely pale. I didn't see any difference, seriously. But other people I know have tried to get "tan", for whatever reason, and I swear they come out orangey. I can't stand that look. It looks so fake! So I told Deidre to try the healthy spray tans, where someone literally sprays you themselves. I told her that I know a lot of people that do it, and keep up with it and their tan color looks great! I recommended her to go to Golden Touch, which is a friends' that I graduated with place, or well her family owns it. It's located in Inspire Salon & Day Spa in Tallmadge, so check them out if you're interested!

I feel as if I've done a couple "good deeds" by recommending these two places because I know the people that own them. I'm always willing to help peoples' business, by spreading the word out or however else. I really do recommend both these places & wish their businesses the best of luck!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment